Introducing Project ReStore!
Who is Project ReStore?
Project ReStore is a volunteer subcommittee of the South Milwaukee Community & Business Association (SMCBA). We’re working with the City of South Milwaukee to launch and promote a strategic downtown revitalization movement based on solid recommendations set forth in the City’s Comprehensive Plan. All downtown property and business owners are strongly encouraged to join this movement and actively support the creation of a strong and thriving downtown.
Project Restore’s Vision, Mission & Objectives
Downtown South Milwaukee will become a place that responds to local trends and changing markets, a place where residents and visitors enjoy spending time.
Restore visible and sustainable economic vitality in the downtown district.Read More
How Can Project Restore Benefit You?Read More
- Create a better, more economically viable future for business and property owners.
- Improve numbers and operations of downtown businesses.
- Enhance character and appearance of the downtown.
- Engage and excite the entire South Milwaukee community about their downtown as an important place, whether attending an event or through their experiences with unique downtown businesses.
How can I Get InvolvedRead More
With your help, we can work together to improve conditions for downtown South Milwaukee and generate direct, positive effects for all of the businesses in the district. Please help us by:
- Joining our committee
- Volunteer your time or expertise
- Advocate for downtown businesses and properties
- Make a financial contribution
Stay connected with Project ReStore
To attend a committee meeting, please email GetInvolved@southmilwaukeeCBA.org for our next meeting details.
Benefits to our Connect Communities membership Read More
Connect Communities helps local leaders leverage the unique assets of their downtowns and commercial districts, providing access to resources and networking opportunities to local leaders interested in starting a district revitalization effort. – Find out more about our Connect Communities membership.
What is a Business Improvement District (BID)? Read More
A Business Improvement District (BID) is a method for business people to organize, coordinate marketing and promotion efforts, and encourage business development. It affords property owners and business people a viable role in directing affairs within the district. It also ensures that all beneficiaries of district programs participate in the funding of the programs. The formation of a BID allows downtown business people, property owners, merchants, city officials and others to work together to determine what needs to be done to upgrade and strengthen the downtown, and to pay the cost of those efforts in whole or in part.
Potential Advantages of a BID
- Financial resources for stakeholders.
- Dedicated professional staff person(s) with economic development expertise, resources
- Business improvement grants/loans
- Strategic, business-building promotional materials and events.
- Communications materials including business directories & maps.
- Property beautification projects and streetscaping enhancements.